A fork, a bowl, and 3 ingredients – the easiest bean burgers you’ll ever make!
3-Ingredient Bean Burgers
- 3 cups cooked black beans (or two cans, drained and rinsed)
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ½ cup sauce (BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, buffalo sauce, peanut sauce, etc.)
- Salt, pepper, and other spices (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mash with a fork until a chunky dough forms. You want to leave some whole beans, but you want the dough to be mashed enough that it sticks together well. Taste and add salt/pepper/seasonings to your liking.
- If you have time, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Divide and shape dough into 8 patties. Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip, and bake for another 5-6 minutes until a golden brown crust forms.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.