If you ever feel stumped on what to eat for lunch, then this Chickpea Salad recipe is your solution. It’s creamy, crunchy, fresh, and hearty all at once. Make a big batch and it’ll last all week long.
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp hummus or plain plant-based yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ½ diced red onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Whole grain bread, lightly toasted
- Whole grain crackers
- Sliced red onion, tomato, avocado
- In a medium bowl, mash drained and rinsed chickpeas with a fork. Alternatively, pulse in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Prepare desired toppings, if desired (sliced red onion, tomato, avocado)
- Serve on bread as a sandwich, with whole grain crackers, or scooped into lettuce boats.