Nothing compares to a cozy hot cocoa on a winter night. This Wind Down Hot Cocoa is a grown-up version with extra stress-relieving benefits. Reishi mushroom powder is a medicinal herb known as an adaptogen. Adaptogens help the body adapt to different situations like immunity, sleep, mental focus, and, in the case of reishi, chronic stress. End your day with this Wind Down Hot Cocoa a few nights a week, and help your body balance stress, soothe anxiety, and prepare for a good night’s rest.
Wind Down Hot Cocoa
This warming, chocolatey treat is the perfect way to end the day. The addition of reishi mushroom powder, an adaptogen, gives this grown-up hot cocoa a boost of stress relief and immune support.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 5 MinTotal time: 10 Min
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. reishi mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a blender, and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Heat on the stove over low to medium heat until warm, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Alternatively, you can heat the milk separately, and then add the warm milk to the blender with the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two mugs, sprinkle each with a tablespoon of chocolate chips, and enjoy!