If you don’t love the texture of regular oatmeal, then this Baked Oatmeal is for you! It’s drier and more bar-like than a bowl of boiled oats, and it’s almost like a fruit crisp than a “healthy” breakfast. Another perk: it’s very easy, but still impressive enough for company. Mix it up, pour it into a baking dish, and brew another pot of coffee while your breakfast bakes.
Easy Baked Oatmeal
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts (or any nuts/seeds)
- 2½ cups nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly oil a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder, and walnuts.
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and fruit. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and gently smooth out the surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly around the edges.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve topped with a splash of nondairy milk, a dollop of peanut butter and extra fruit!