Tofu is the perfect stand-in for eggs in this classic brunch dish. My favorite part about this yummy Tofu Frittata recipe is its versatility. Make it in loaf, pie, or bite-size muffin form. Mix in any veggies you have on hand – even leftover roasted or grilled vegetables from last night’s dinner will do! And don’t save this Tofu Frittata for brunch only. It makes an excellent grab-and-go lunch, protein-rich snack, or easy dinner.
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or roasted veggies like potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil a pie pan, loaf pan, or muffin tin.
- Press tofu block between two layers of paper towels to remove as much water as possible.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a sauté pan, heat a little oil over medium heat (if you prefer oil-free, use a nonstick skillet or add a splash water instead of oil). Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add broccoli and bell pepper and sauté until just tender.
- Transfer blended tofu mixture to a bowl and fold in sautéed vegetables. Spread evenly into pan or divide among muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the top turns firm and golden brown. Let cool before slicing.