These delicious Pumpkin Omega Muffins are dense, nutritious, and bring all the fall vibes. They contain many ingredients (flaxseeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds). To learn more about omega 3s – what are they, why you need to eat them everyday, and how to get enough – you can find all the omega-3 details here. Enjoy them for breakfast, snack time, or dessert. I like mine smeared with apple butter or peanut butter for a little extra oomph.
Pumpkin Omega Muffins (vegan)
These Pumpkin Omega Muffins are sweet, spicy, and packed with omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 25 Min
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F and line or lightly grease muffin pan.
- Combine oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend into a flour.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, and add walnuts.
- In the food processor or blender, add pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Gently fold just until incorporated and there are no dry clumps left.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, and bake for 20 min.