Homemade nut milk is much simpler to make than it sounds, and it’s endlessly customizable. Here is my basic blueprint for homemade nut milk. Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Nut Milk
- 1 cup raw unsalted nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- 4-5 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soaked dates
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Soak nuts in water for about 8 hours. Drain and rinse.
- In a blender, combine soaked nuts with water. Add optional extras.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until the nut milk is completely smooth.
- If you desire a really smooth texture, strain milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Transfer milk to glass storage jars or bottles and refrigerate. Use within 5-7 days.