Homemade nut milk is much simpler to make than it sounds, and it’s endlessly customizable. Here is my basic blueprint for homemade nut milk. Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Nut Milk
It doesn’t get easier than this homemade nut milk. All you need is a few ingredients and a blender.
Prep time: 5 Mininactive time: 8 HourTotal time: 8 H & 5 M
- 1 cup raw unsalted nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- 4-5 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soaked dates
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Soak nuts in water for about 8 hours. Drain and rinse.
- In a blender, combine soaked nuts with water. Add optional extras.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until the nut milk is completely smooth.
- If you desire a really smooth texture, strain milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Transfer milk to glass storage jars or bottles and refrigerate. Use within 5-7 days.