Quick Black Bean Soup
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min
This Black Bean Soup is like tacos in soup form. Whip it up in 30 minutes, then top it with all your favorites.
- 3 15-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lime
- Fire-roasted corn
- Tortilla strips or corn chips
- Brown rice
- Hot sauce
- In a soup pot, add black beans and fill with just enough water to cover beans by about 1 inch.
- Add diced onion, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Let simmer until onions are translucent.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a blender in small batches and blend until smooth.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice to brighten the flavor.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.