Easy Baked Oatmeal
Author: Kayli Anderson MS RDN
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 25 MTotal time: 35 M
Baked Oatmeal dresses up regular rolled oats, making them feel special enough for lazy Sunday brunch and easy enough for company.
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts (or any nuts/seeds)
- 2½ cups nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly oil a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder, and walnuts.
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and fruit. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and gently smooth out the surface. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned and bubbly around the edges.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve topped with a splash of nondairy milk, a dollop of peanut butter and extra fruit!