A delicious sauce is the easiest way to upgrade any meal, especially plant-based meals. This Easy Peanut Sauce is a staple in our house. Enjoy it on bowls or stir-frys, stirred into rice noodles, as a dip for veggies or spring rolls, or as a salad dressing. I recommend making a double or triple batch!
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup of agave nectar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients except water in a bowl. Stir to form a thick paste.
- Slowly add in water while stirring to reach your desired consistency (less water for a thicker dip, more water for a thinner sauce)
- Nut-free version: substitute tahini for the peanut butter