Easy Refrigerator Pickles
Yield: 1-Qt. jar
Author: Kayli Anderson MS RDN
Prep time: 10 MCook time: Total time: 10 M
These easy refrigerator pickles are the best way to keep up with an abundance of summer produce. Customize them with garlic, herbs and spices, and any veggies you have on hand.
- 2 cups cut vegetables of choice: sliced cucumbers, quartered onion, shredded cabbage, asparagus spears, sliced jalapenos. For me, this was 4 small cucumbers.
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Herb/spice: fresh dill, peppercorns, garlic cloves, mustard seeds, turmeric
- Boil a 1-qt. glass jar to sterilize it.
- Place vegetables in a bowl, and salt them. Pack salted vegetables into the jar. Add any herbs or spices.
- Add your liquid, adding extra water as needed to be sure to cover vegetables by ¼ inch.
- Tightly secure the lid on the jar, and refrigerate.