Berry Jam Bars
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 30 MTotal time: 40 M
A sweet, nutty, chewy, crunchy treat that tastes better than pie and nutritious enough for any time of day.
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup berry jam of choice
- ⅓ cup granola (preferably without dried fruit)
- ¼ cup chopped or sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 2-quart casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine dates (soaked and drained), almond butter, and vanilla extract. Blend until a paste forms.
- Add both flours and salt. Pulse until well-combined.
- Take ¾ of the dough and press it into the prepared casserole dish in a thin, even layer.
- Spread jam in an even layer on the crust.
- Sprinkle the granola and chopped almonds evenly over the jam layer.
- Crumble the remaining ¼ of the dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. When cool, slice into 12 bars.