Vegan Sweet Potato Biscuits
Yield: 6 biscuits
Author: Kayli Anderson MS RDN
These Sweet Potato Biscuits are tender, doughy, and slightly sweet. Eat them hot out of the oven dunked in a bowl of chili.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Chop sweet potato into small pieces, and steam until very tender. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cold butter/oil. Pulse until the butter/oil is incorporated.
- Add sweet potato chunks and maple syrup to the food processor and pulse until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Gently form each piece into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.