Crispy Oven Fries
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 35 Mininactive time: 30 MinTotal time: 1 H & 15 M
With a few simple techniques, you can achieve crisp, delicious fries in the oven. Enjoy!
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash potatoes and slice into French fry shapes.
- Add sliced potatoes to a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and lay flat on a dish towel. Let them dry completely (this is important!). While potatoes are drying, preheat oven to 375F.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and salt. Spread in one layer on a baking sheet. Leave space between potatoes (do not overcrowd them!).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, turn oven up to 450F and bake for another 15 minutes or until fries are golden and crisp.